I've found that when I'm doing a Whole30 I feel the need to make my food look really pretty and fancy. When you throw together scrambled eggs and some veggies for breakfast, you need some other element to fulfill the pretty factor. Therein, I invented the very fancy sounding "sweet potato medallion," which in reality is just a cut up sweet potato, fried. 

So, here's how I make them. They are stupid easy. 

Take a sweet potato and stab some holes in it with a fork. Throw it in the microwave for 4-5 minutes until it is soft enough to cut through easily, but not mushy at all. Slice the potato in 1/2 inch slices. Meanwhile, throw about a tablespoon of coconut oil into a pan, turn the stove on to medium low (too high and these will burn too fast!). Lay the potato pieces out and sprinkle some salt, pepper, and I use allspice or cinnamon on them. I've also used curry and cumin and it's delicious! When the oil is somewhat hot, place the potatoes in the pan and let fry up until they are browned on one side, and flip to the other side. They will become crispy and so, so delicious! I usually eat about 4-5 slices for a serving. 



PS. How is your Whole30 going? We're getting along over here! I haven't been recording every little thing I'm eating because...it's quite frankly hard to do with a little man needing lots of attention. But, I've been eating a lot of egg bakes, meatballs, mini burgers and giant salads! Also, lots of veggie soups. Hope you're feeling good! 


Leave a Reply